A fun take on the traditional; marinating the green beans really helps to impart a lot of flavor so make sure you do this step!
3 slices thick cut bacon
3 tsp brown sugar
about 30 green beans (Haricots Verts are thin French green beans)
1 clove of garlic
2 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp salt
sprinkle of pepper
- Place bacon on a sheet pan.
- Sprinkle bacon with brown sugar and bake halfway through in the oven.
- Remove excess oil from bacon and cut in half.
- Prepare marinade for green beans by chopping garlic and slicing shallots.
- Combine shallots, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in an airtight container; marinate for 1 hour.
- Lay bacon flat on a baking sheet and place about 4 or 5 green beans in the middle; wrap up the green beans and place them seam side down.
- Repeat step 6 until all ingredients are gone.
- Spoon remaining marinade over all pieces; roast in the oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 65 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes