These chicken tenders are great as an appetizer or accompanied with another side dish as a meal. Try drizzling the sauce over the chicken if you want just a touch of added flavor. You can also play with the size of these and cut them to the length and shape you desire whether that involves cutting them long like fingers, shorter like tenders or mini sized like popcorn chicken!
For the chicken:
1 lb chicken breasts
¾ cup panko
¼ cup olive oil
¾ cup shredded coconut, chopped
½ cup flour (approx..) for dredging
sea salt + pepper to taste
For the dipping sauce:
4 tbsp Trader Joe’s Garlic Aioli Mustard
2 tbsp honey
½ tsp sriracha
- Coat panko with olive oil, tossing until combined.
- Chop coconut, season with salt and pepper and combine with panko.
- Cut chicken into even pieces.
- Whisk egg, prepare flour, set aside.
- Dredge chicken in flour first, then egg, then breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes (flip chicken halfway through).
*To make dipping sauce, combine all aioli, honey, and sriracha in a small bowl and mix well.
Flip chicken after 7 minutes to ensure crispiness on all sides.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes