This Banana Bread is tender and fluffy, with a crunchy crust. For an extra special treat, turn this bread into French Toast and top it off with my buttery banana syrup... (link below)
Watch me make Banana Bread here
Or continue below...
The joy of Banana Bread
One of the reasons I love banana bread so much is because it's super easy to make. The naturally sweet flavor of the bananas coupled with that distinct banana flavor makes it such a treat. This is perfect as breakfast, a snack, or dessert! I like to spread a bit of cream cheese on top of mine..it makes it oh so decadent.
This type of bread is a more traditional sweet, cake-like bread. It's super moist on the inside.
A closer look
ABOUT THE SUGARS-The use of brown sugar is important here as it adds to the moist nature of the bread. The combination of the two sugars means that your bread will have a caramel color, with the unique flavor the brown sugar brings combined with the caramelization and delicate sweetness that white sugar adds as well.
If you're looking to elevate this banana bread even more (yes it is possible) head on over to my Banana Bread French Toast recipe if you want to try something extra special you might not have had before.
Enjoy this Banana Bread!
Banana Bread French ToastPrint
This Banana bread has no nuts and a crunchy crust on top.
1 cup mashed banana (2-3 overripe bananas, depending on the size)
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
⅛ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup butter, room temperature
¼ cup vanilla almond milk creamer (or almond milk)
½ tsp vanilla extract
1.Cream together butter and sugar in an electric mixer on medium speed.
2. Slowly add eggs, one at a time, mixing at a low speed.
3. Carefully add in creamer and vanilla extract, continue to mix at a low speed.
4. Add in the dry ingredients, very slowly so that it doesn't blow out of the bowl; this includes the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
5. In a separate bowl, peel and mash bananas. Add the bananas and mix in gently.
6. Add this mixture to a pan that's already been coated with flour and butter to prevent the bread from sticking to the pan.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until a for comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes