Carrot and Zucchini muffins are the perfect make-ahead breakfast. They are moist, flavorful, and can be made healthy if desired.
1 cup grated carrot
2 cups grated zucchini
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup almond milk coffee creamer or milk of choice
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bring butter to room temperature, grate carrots and zucchini, measure other ingredients, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream white sugar, brown sugar, and butter together using an electric mixer equipped with a paddle attachment. Mix until ingredients are fluffy or about one minute.
- Add eggs-one at a time, creamer, and spices. Mix until combined
- Slowly add baking soda, baking powder, flour, salt, and vanilla powder.
- Turn the mixer on the slowest speed before addid in the zucchini and carrots. Mix for about 15 seconds or until just combined.
- Using a muffin tin lined with baking cups; transfer batter filling each cup 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until muffins come out clean when a toothpick is inserted.
- Cool completely and enjoy right away!
Any type of milk can be used in place of almond milk coffee creamer
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 14.4 g
- Sodium: 89.6 mg
- Fat: 8.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.6 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 51.3 mg
Keywords: carrot and zucchini muffins