Celery juice is a healthy juice that has become a popular drink in recent years, thanks to its many health benefits. However, not everyone has a juicer to make this refreshing and nutritious drink. Fortunately, there are alternative ways to make celery juice without a juicer. This delicious celery juice recipe is packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and plant compounds that offer a range of health benefits.
You can still enjoy the benefits of celery juice with this easy recipe that uses a high-speed blender. You can heighten the intensity as much as you see fit with the amount of ginger. I admire the intense taste ginger can bring so I tend to add quite a bit more than what's included here. Start with a little and then you can increase the amount based on your particular preference.
Watch me make Celery Juice here...or continue below
This recipe is super simple, containing just 5 ingredients: a Large bunch of celery, fresh ginger, fresh lime juice, water, and agave nectar (or another sweetener of your choice).
What is Celery Juice?
Celery juice is simply the juice extracted from fresh celery stalks. It has become a popular drink in recent years, thanks in part to the celery juice craze that started on social media. It is considered a healthy drink that can help improve overall health and prevent chronic diseases. Many people believe that drinking celery juice first thing in the morning can help with a variety of health conditions, including weight loss, high blood pressure, and digestive issues.
Celery juice is packed with essential nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin K, and several essential minerals. It also contains dietary fiber, which is important for digestive health, and powerful antioxidants that can help protect against a range of health conditions, including heart disease, memory loss, and skin conditions.
One of the key benefits is its anti-inflammatory effects. Celery contains a range of plant compounds that have been shown to help lower inflammation in the body, which can help with conditions such as arthritis, gut health, and overall immune system function.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Celery juice contains compounds that help to reduce inflammation in the body, which is beneficial for people with chronic inflammation-related conditions.
- Digestive health: it can help improve digestion and prevent digestive issues by promoting the production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach.
- Acid reflux: Drinking celery juice can help relieve symptoms of acid reflux and improve overall digestive health.
- Heart health: it can help lower cholesterol levels and blood pressure, which are two risk factors for heart disease.
- Vitamin B: it is a good source of vitamin B, which is essential for healthy metabolism and energy production.
Key Equipment Needed
To make this juice without a juicer, you'll need a high-speed blender, such as a Ninja, Vitamix, or Blendtec. These blenders are powerful enough to break down the tough fibers in celery, resulting in a smooth and delicious juice.
How to make Celery Juice
- Wash the celery stalk and cut it into small pieces.
- Add the celery ribs, lime juice, agave nectar, water, and ginger to a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer to remove any pulp.
- Serve this drink over ice, garnished with a slice of lime or celery leaves.
How to sweeten Celery Juice
I chose to use agave nectar but there are several ways to add some sweetness. Sugar in the raw, honey, and monk fruit sweetener name just a few options. Of course, you could forego this option completely. It gives it a uniquely deep, rich flavor. If you're looking for something a little lighter, go for a different sweetener.
If you want to enjoy straight celery juice, you can go for a two-ingredient recipe (celery and water) just follow the exact same steps.
When is the Best Time to Drink Celery Juice?
Many people recommend drinking celery juice first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach. This is said to help the body absorb the nutrients more effectively, and may also help with digestion throughout the day. However, you can also enjoy celery juice at any time of day as part of a healthy diet.
How to Store Celery Juice
Fresh celery juice is best consumed immediately after juicing, but if you need to store it, it's important to keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 24 hours, but it's best to drink it as soon as possible to maximize the health benefits.
Substitutions and Variations
If you don't have fresh celery on hand, you can also use celery seeds to make celery juice. Simply grind the seeds in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle, then add them to water along with lime juice, agave nectar, and ginger.
- With pineapple: Add 1 cup of pineapple chunks to the recipe for a tropical twist.
- Carrot Juice: Add 1 cup of carrot juice to the recipe for extra fiber and essential nutrients.
- With green apple: Replace the Granny Smith apple with a green apple for a unique flavor.
- Fruit Juices: Mix your juice with other fruit juices, like orange or grapefruit juice, for a refreshing juice blend.
My version of celery juice is a healthy and refreshing tonic that can have many benefits. I chose to use agave nectar for this drink. It gives it a uniquely deep, rich flavor. If you're looking for something a little lighter, go for a different sweetener. You will need a high powered blender in order to pulverize the celery properly.
1 celery stalk
juice of 1 lime
½ cup agave nectar
2 cups water
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- Chop celery.
- Combine all other ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Separate juice from pulp using a strainer (you can also use cheesecloth).
*note- if you don't strain the juice, you will have to chew.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
More Refreshing Sips!!!