Translated "Crab-It's so good" pronounced (say-see-bone), this crab dish is a crowd pleaser for sure! Be prepared for a well seasoned appetizer that has layers of flavors. You can use a baguette or any type of crusty bread as your base. Many thanks to Southern Living Magazine for inspiring me to make this.
½ lb lump crab meat, drained
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup panko
½ jar artichoke, chopped
¼ cup dry white wine
1 tbsp fresh oregano
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ tbsp worcestershire sauce
¼ cup scallions, sliced thin
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp butter
1/3 cup white onion, chopped
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
¼ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
½ baguette, sliced
- 1.Be sure to rinse, drain, and remove any shell pieces from the crab meat before use.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan, pour in breadcrumbs and toast until golden brown.
3. Remove toasted breadcrumbs from pan and set aside.
4. Melt butter in the pan, add onion, artichoke, worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper, and cook until vegetables are tender.
5. Add garlic cook until garlic is fragrant (about 1 minute).
6. Pour in lemon juice and white wine. Simmer until liquid has reduced by about half.
7. Add in the crab meat, scallions, and parsley. Toss until all ingredients are incorporated together and crab is heated throughout (the crab meat should already be cooked store-bought).
8. Toast baguette slices just slightly.
8. Remove bay leaves, and top baguette slices with crab mixture.
9. Sprinkle assembled crab with toasted breadcrumbs from step # 1.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes