Easy Drop Biscuits are tender, moist, and buttery inside with a perfect crust on the outside. They pair well with any syrups, jams or jellies!
1 and 1/2 cups self-rising flour
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup cold salted butter, cut into chunks
1/8 tsp salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Add flour and butter to a mixing bowl; using a pastry blender, incorporate butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse sand. The butter should be in tiny, pebble-sized chunks.
- Slowly add buttermilk, alternating between mixing and adding liquid. Do this until ingredients are fully incorporated. Mixture should not be overly wet.
- Scoop biscuits onto a baking sheet using a spoon-there should be six in total.
- Bake at 425 degrees until biscuits are tan/golden brown on top-about 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: French, American
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Calories: 362
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 258.1 mg
- Fat: 25.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.4 g
- Protein: 5.8 g
- Cholesterol: 68.9 mg
Keywords: easy drop biscuits, biscuit, three ingredient drop biscuit, drop biscuit