A delicious and fluffy pound cake with a golden crust.
3 cups cake flour, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3 sticks butter (1 ½ cups), softened
¼ tsp salt
A little extra butter & flour to coat the pan
- Prepare cake pan by coating with butter and sugar.
- Set aside a different pan filled with a few inches of water (this creates moisture in the oven and prevents the cake from drying out while baking).
- In a separate bowl, sift cake flour and salt.
- Cream butter, sugar and cream cheese together using an electric mixer.
- Slowly add eggs, then vanilla extract.
- Gradually add flour. Mix until ingredients are well incorporated, (about 30 seconds)
- Add cake batter to pan; gently shake to remove air pockets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about an hour and 15 minutes (time will vary slightly depending on the oven), crust should be golden brown. Check for completeness by using a toothpick; if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 75 minutes