Creamy, flavorful, and delicious...all words I can use to describe these mashed potatoes. Enjoy them any time of year and if it happens to be a holiday, double or triple the recipe for larger crowds.
1 lb russet potatoes
4 small cloves roasted garlic
2 oz (1/4 block cream cheese)
4 tbsp butter
1/3 cup sour cream
olive oil to roast garlic
salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare garlic by cutting the top off of an entire bulb. Pour olive oil over the top and place garlic in a small oven-safe dish, cover with foil.
- Roast garlic in the oven for about 15 minutes or until tender; you should be able to easily poke a fork through (check on the garlic to make sure it's not burning, ovens can cook differently)
- Remove skin (if desired) from potatoes, chop in halves or quarters, and boil in a pot of water until tender.
- Drain potatoes from water.
- Using an electric mixer, whip garlic until cloves have separated.
- Add all other ingredients to the mixer, let the butter melt completely. Whip potatoes just until incorporated, be careful not to over mix the potatoes.
Be careful not to over mix the potatoes so they don't become tough.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes