This Rosemary Peach Galette with Bourbon Caramel is a free-form pie with sugared rosemary peaches surrounded by homemade dough.
For the peaches:
2 medium-sized peaches, sliced approximately 1/4 inch thick
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped
For the dough:
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup milk of your choice
3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream for brushing
For the caramel:
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons bourbon
3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Make the caramel first. See blog post or Caramel for detailed instructions on how to do this.
- Slice peaches into approximately 1/4 inch thick slices; set aside. Measure lemon juice and set aside in a small bowl. Chop rosemary, combine with sugar and cornstarch; mix well and set aside in a different small bowl.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and cold, cubed butter in a large bowl. Work the ingredients together with a pastry blender (or food processor) until the mixture resembles very coarse, wet sand. Pea-sized pieces of butter are fine. Add milk, stirring until the ingredients are combined. Place the dough onto a well-floured surface and roll it out using a well-floured rolling pin. The dough should measure approximately 14in x 8 in.
- Combine the lemon juice, peaches, and rosemary-sugar-cornstarch mixture, together-stirring well. Add the mixture in the middle of the dough and bring up all sides, folding the dough as needed. Brush with heavy cream and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375 before the 30 minutes has ended.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes. The dough should be golden brown. Allow cooling for 30 minutes so the liquid has time to redistribute and thicken. Drizzle caramel on top.
**You can use any pie dough, even store-bought premade pie crust
*Chill the entire galette in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before baking
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes