So tasty and full of flavor!! A new twist on traditional Spanakopita.
16 pasta shells
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
One quarter of a whole onion
2 tbsp fresh parsley
1 tsp fresh dill
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil **optional toasted panko/parmesan breadcrumbs, chopped green onion**
- Boil pasta shells until they're nearly done, drain and set aside to cool. Chop all vegetables, herbs, spinach, and feta if needed.
- Saute onions in butter and olive oil. Once they are translucent, add garlic cooking until garlic is fragrant.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach has wilted. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl combine Greek yogurt, Feta cheese, Parmesan cheese, cooled spinach mixture, salt, pepper, dill, and parsley. Mix until combined.
- Take a very small amount of the spinach mixture and spread on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Using a small spoon, fill shells with mixture and line them in your baking dish.
- Bake in the oven at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle topping if desired.