I love this recipe because it's so easy to throw together and it's so much fun! For me, this is like the ultimate comfort food snack..warm gooey cheese with aromatic flavors.
Watch me make Strawberry Balsamic Baked Brie
Choosing the vinegar for Strawberry Balsamic Baked Brie
One of the most enjoyable elements about it is the contrast of sweet vs. savory. For that reason, you'll want to choose a SWEET AND SYRUPY balsamic. If you can venture to a shop that specializes in selling these types of vinegar I would highly recommend it. They're usually the types of specialty stores that sell oil & vinegar together in a tasting room. If you're in the Atlanta area, you can check out Splash of Olive (located inside Kelly's Market) it's actually where I purchased the vinegar you see in this video!
How to reduce your Balsamic Vinegar
PRO TIP: When reducing vinegar you'll want to keep the heat rather low and simmer. This should take roughly 5 minutes. Once finished the vinegar should coat the back of a spoon and should have thickened since the beginning stage.
The final stages
Crumbled parchment paper underneath the brie leaves room for a bit more air to circulate, ensuring a gooey center throughout. It also makes transfer really easy.
The final touch is the addition of aromatic basil. It's what really brings everything together.
Strawberry Balsamic Baked Brie
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
Strawberry Balsamic Baked Brie melts in your mouth! The balsamic reduction is sweet and pairs expertly with ripe strawberries.
1 6oz round Brie Cheese
⅓ cup Balsamic Vinegar (sweet)
⅓ cup strawberries, quartered
a few basil leaves, sliced
selection of crackers (your choice)
- Prepare ingredients by cutting strawberries and basil. Bake brie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, reduce vinegar on low heat. Simmer for about 5 minutes until vinegar has reduced slightly and thickened. Add strawberries and continue to simmer for an additional 1-2 minutes; strawberries should have softened a bit. After this time, mixture should coat the back of a spoon.
- Top Brie with strawberry balsamic. Add basil.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: French, American
- Serving Size: ¼ cheese round
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 328 mg
- Fat: 12.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6 g
- Protein: 9.5 g
- Cholesterol: 42.6 mg
Keywords: strawberry balsamic baked brie
Perfect for any gathering.
Handy Chef says
I think so too!