Are you looking for an easy and delicious appetizer that will impress your guests? Look no further than this Strawberry Balsamic Baked Brie! Made with simple ingredients and minimal effort, this crowd-pleaser is the perfect party starter for your next gathering. I love this recipe because it's so easy to throw together and it's so much fun! For me, this is like the ultimate comfort food snack..warm gooey cheese with aromatic flavors.
Watch me make Strawberry Balsamic Baked Brie
What is Strawberry Balsamic Baked Brie?
Baked Brie is a classic appetizer that consists of a wheel of brie cheese that is baked until it becomes melty and gooey. It's often served with crackers or bread and can be topped with a variety of savory or sweet toppings.
What is Brie Cheese?
Brie is a soft, creamy and buttery cheese that originated in France and is produced internationally. It has a creamy interior with a soft, edible rind. Brie is traditionally made from cow's milk but can also be made from goat's milk. This cheese is high in fat content but also rich in calcium with relatively high sodium content.
A high-quality, sweet Balsamic vinegar is the star of the show for this decadent recipe. Creamy, salty Brie cheese compliments the sweet/tart of the strawberry with balsamic vinegar. Sliced basil acts as yet another compliment to the flavors here as well as a garnish. The best accompaniments for this appetizer are crackers or sliced bread of your choosing.
Key equipment needed
- Small saucepan
- Baking sheet
- Small Spoon
- Sharp knife
- Parchment paper
Choosing the vinegar for Strawberry Balsamic Baked Brie
One of the most enjoyable elements about it is the contrast between sweet vs. savory. For that reason, you'll want to choose a SWEET AND SYRUPY balsamic. If you can venture to a shop that specializes in selling these types of vinegar I would highly recommend it. They're usually the types of specialty stores that sell oil & vinegar together in a tasting room. If you're in the Atlanta area, you can check out Splash of Olive (located inside Kelly's Market) it's actually where I purchased the vinegar you see in this video!
How to reduce your Balsamic Vinegar
PRO TIP: When reducing vinegar you'll want to keep the heat rather low and simmer. This should take roughly 5 minutes. Once finished the vinegar should coat the back of a spoon and should have thickened since the beginning stage.
The final stages
Crumbled parchment paper underneath the brie leaves room for a bit more air to circulate, ensuring a gooey center throughout. It also makes transfer really easy.
The final touch is the addition of aromatic basil. It's what really brings everything together.
- Puff pastry can be substituted with phyllo dough or crescent roll dough.
- Brie cheese can be substituted with goat cheese or another soft cheese.
- Strawberry jam can be substituted with raspberry jam or cranberry jam.
- Balsamic vinegar can be substituted with orange zest or maple syrup.
- Try adding fresh cranberries to the strawberry balsamic mixture for a festive holiday twist.
- Swap out the strawberry jam for apricot preserves or fig jam.
- Make mini brie bites by using a muffin tin and cutting the puff pastry into smaller squares.
- Bake the brie in a small cast iron skillet for an even more rustic presentation.
- Top the baked brie with savory toppings like caramelized onions or bacon bits.
Strawberry Balsamic Baked Brie is one of the best things you can serve at a party, and this Strawberry Balsamic Baked Brie takes it to the next level. With its creamy texture and delicious toppings, it's sure to be a crowd-pleaser every single time. Best of all, it's so easy to make that you can whip it up in a matter of minutes using simple ingredients from your local grocery store. So whether you're hosting a holiday party, girls night, or just looking for an easy appetizer recipe, this Strawberry Balsamic Baked Brie is sure to become a fan favorite!
If you make this recipe please rate and review it on the recipe card below. I would love for you to tag me on Instagram @belovedplate https://www.instagram.com/belovedplate/
More fun appetizers!Print
Strawberry Balsamic Baked Brie melts in your mouth! The balsamic reduction is sweet and pairs expertly with ripe strawberries.
1 6oz round Brie Cheese
⅓ cup Balsamic Vinegar (sweet)
⅓ cup strawberries, quartered
a few basil leaves, sliced
selection of crackers (your choice)
- Prepare ingredients by cutting strawberries and basil. Bake brie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, reduce vinegar on low heat. Simmer for about 5 minutes until vinegar has reduced slightly and thickened. Add strawberries and continue to simmer for an additional 1-2 minutes; strawberries should have softened a bit. After this time, mixture should coat the back of a spoon.
- Top Brie with strawberry balsamic. Add basil.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: French, American
- Serving Size: ¼ cheese round
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 328 mg
- Fat: 12.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6 g
- Protein: 9.5 g
- Cholesterol: 42.6 mg
Keywords: strawberry balsamic baked brie