Whether you're looking for a quick lunch or an easy dinner-Your taste buds will thank you for making these pita pockets filed with rich fontina cheese and a homemade Caesar dressing that will knock your socks off. For best results on the dressing, follow the recipe exactly. Anchovies are optional but definitely make a difference!
Watch me make Chicken Caesar Pita Pockets here or continue below:
The Chicken Caesar Pita Pocket is one of my all-time favorite meals to make. It looks so unassuming but that first bite gives you a mouth full of flavor.
ABOUT THE INGREDIENTS- The mild, nutty flavor of Fontina cheese brings in a delicate richness. I mean, what's not to love about cheese!
Since the other ingredients bring so much flavor, seasoning the chicken with salt and pepper is about all you'll need to make this dish spectacular. I love this particular chicken in general. I use it for all of the chicken dishes I make and it's pretty popular here in Georgia as it's known for its quality.
Caesar dressing is the star of the show here. The acidity from the lemon juice, along with the saltiness of the anchovies, the slightest bit of heat from the hot sauce plus the slight sweetness of the Worcestershire sauce really is the perfect combination of flavors. I personally like to leave the garlic and anchovies a tad bit larger than a mince because it gives the dressing a bit more texture.
PREPARING THE POCKET: This pita pocket is best enjoyed if you brush it with a bit of olive oil and then give it a quick toast before filling it with all of the delicious ingredients.
Enjoy this Chicken Caesar Pita Pocket!
MORE LIKE THIS!!!Print
Whether you're looking for a quick lunch or an easy dinner-Your taste buds will thank you for making these pita pockets filed with rich fontina cheese and a homemade Caesar dressing that will knock your socks off.
For the pita pockets:
1 package white pita bread (6 loaves) cut in half
1 ½ lbs chicken, cooked and chopped
3 cups fontina cheese, grated
4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
For the Caesar dressing:
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
4 anchovy fillets, patted dry, minced
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cloves minced garlic
3 dashes hot sauce
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
¾ teaspoon salt
⅛ tsp pepper
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper, cook all the way through, set aside.
2. Mince garlic and anchovies.
3. Make Caesar dressing by combining garlic, anchovies, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly add in the olive oil and whisk vigorously until dressing is emulsified.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut whole pita bread in half, brush with olive oil and toast just slightly (2 minutes).
5. Open the pita so that it makes a pocket. Fill the pocket with chicken and cheese, leaving space for lettuce and tomato. Return pita pocket to oven and bake until cheese has melted.
6. Add in the lettuce and tomato and drizzle Caesar dressing on top. Don't forget about the yummy bits that may have sank to the bottom of the bowl.