Whether you're looking for a quick lunch or an easy dinner-Your taste buds will thank you for making these pita pockets filed with rich fontina cheese and a homemade Caesar dressing that will knock your socks off.
For the pita pockets:
1 package white pita bread (6 loaves) cut in half
1 ½ lbs chicken, cooked and chopped
3 cups fontina cheese, grated
4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
For the Caesar dressing:
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
5 anchovy fillets, patted dry, minced
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cloves minced garlic
6 dashes hot sauce
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
¾ teaspoon salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper, cook all the way through, set aside.
2. Mince garlic and anchovies.
3. Make Caesar dressing by combining garlic, anchovies, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly add in the olive oil and whisk vigorously until dressing is emulsified.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut whole pita bread in half, brush with olive oil and toast just slightly (2 minutes).
5. Open the pita so that it makes a pocket. Fill the pocket with chicken and cheese, leaving space for lettuce and tomato. Return pita pocket to oven and bake until cheese has melted.
6. Add in the lettuce and tomato and drizzle Caesar dressing on top. Don't forget about the yummy bits that may have sank to the bottom of the bowl.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes