Coconut French toast is made with homemade coconut granola and fluffy brioche bread. Coconut fans will love this tasty breakfast treat!
4 slices brioche bread, sliced 1 inch thick
1/2 cup +1/4 cup coconut granola
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Make the coconut granola the day before.
- Use an electric blender to chop the coconut granola into tiny pieces and set them aside.
- If your bread is not pre-sliced, slice them into 1-inch thick slices.
- Preheat the griddle to medium heat while you create the egg mixture.
- Using a medium-sized bowl, add the eggs, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk everything together before adding the heavy cream slowly, whisking rapidly. Set this mixture aside or transfer it to a shallow dish. Additionally, place the blended granola on a plate and the slices of bread on another plate.
- Before cooking, coat the griddle with cooking spray or butter. Place each slice of bread into the batter for no more than 2 seconds before flipping the slice to the other side and allowing it to soak up the batter.
- Place the soaked slices onto the granola, and apply a bit of gentle pressure so that each side is evenly coated.
- Transfer the crusted slices onto the prepared griddle or hot pan. Turn the heat up to medium-high when all slices are down.
- Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes; the slices should be golden brown on both sides. Enjoy immediately!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Griddled
- Cuisine: French, American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 351.4 mg
- Fat: 10.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.5 g
- Protein: 6.9 g
- Cholesterol: 83.9 mg
Keywords: coconut French toast, french toast, coconut granola