A creamy version of an Italian classic. It's super simple and easy to make.
4 chicken breasts
salt, pepper, and garlic powder
flour for dredging
olive oil for the pan
parsley for garnish
For the sauce:
3 tablespoons capers
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon flour
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Sprinkle chicken with seasonings.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg and set aside. Prepare to flour the chicken by creating a different space with flour on a plate.
- Dredge chicken in flour, egg, then flour again.
- Pour a bit of olive oil in the pan, add the chicken, and cook completely (it should be golden brown on both sides).
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add capers, chicken broth, and lemon juice and simmer for 1-2 minutes. This helps release some of the flavor from the capers into the liquid.
- Add the heavy cream.
- Add in flour a little at a time and stir after each time more flour is added. Let the mixture simmer until it has thickened slightly.
- Add chicken back to pan and let it heat for about 5 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes