The simplicity of these cookies is fun yet enjoyable at the same time. They are the perfect little bite sized treats you can pop in your mouth. Be careful though, pop one too many and you may find you've unintentionally eaten the whole batch! You can fill these little cookies with whatever tickles your fancy. I chose to fill mine with a grape jelly, pear preserves, and maple butter.
Watch me make Fruit and Maple Thumbprint Cookies here or continue below...
The dough for these tiny cookies is really easy to amke. You can choose to use an electric mixer if you have one but the dough mixes up just as easy in a bowl. Temperature can sometimes cause certain doughs to be temperamental. What I mean by this is you may or may not need to add a little more dry ingredients to help the texture if it is too moist. In the beginning this dough will be more on the moist side and that is because it's easier to add flour or sugar than it is to take it out!
You can use caramel, a variety of jams or nut butters for these cookies, or you can even leave them plain dusted with powdered sugar.
MORE HOLIDAY DESSERTS!!!Print
Fruit and Maple Thumbprint Cookies are delicious little cookies that can be filled with jam, caramel, and so many other things!
1 ¾ cups unbleached all purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1 stick + 6 tbsp butter, softened
½ cup confectioners sugar, sifted
2 tbsp granulated sugar
½ cup jam of choice
- Combine flour, salt, and sugar in a bowl and whisk together
- Cream butter and both sugars together using an electric mixer.
- Add flour mixture to butter and sugar. Mix slowly to incorporate unti ingredients become dough.
- Scoop dough and form into balls. Place on a baking sheet.
- Use your thumb to make an indentation for cookies to be filled.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and bake cookies for about 20-25 minutes. Cookies should be slightly more tan in color.
- Toss in confectioners sugar and fill with your favorite jam or topping.
**-Humidity and varying temperatures can slightly change the dough. If you find it's too sticky, add a tiny bit of flour and confectioners sugar alternately until dough comes together.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 cookies
- Calories: 397
- Sugar: 27 g
- Sodium: 205.4 mg
- Fat: 15.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 60.4 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 40.5 mg
Keywords: thumbprint cookies