Fruit and Maple Thumbprint Cookies are delicious little cookies that can be filled with jam, caramel, and so many other things!
1 ¾ cups unbleached all purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1 stick + 6 tbsp butter, softened
½ cup confectioners sugar, sifted
2 tbsp granulated sugar
½ cup jam of choice
- Combine flour, salt, and sugar in a bowl and whisk together
- Cream butter and both sugars together using an electric mixer.
- Add flour mixture to butter and sugar. Mix slowly to incorporate unti ingredients become dough.
- Scoop dough and form into balls. Place on a baking sheet.
- Use your thumb to make an indentation for cookies to be filled.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and bake cookies for about 20-25 minutes. Cookies should be slightly more tan in color.
- Toss in confectioners sugar and fill with your favorite jam or topping.
**-Humidity and varying temperatures can slightly change the dough. If you find it's too sticky, add a tiny bit of flour and confectioners sugar alternately until dough comes together.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 cookies
- Calories: 397
- Sugar: 27 g
- Sodium: 205.4 mg
- Fat: 15.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 60.4 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 40.5 mg
Keywords: thumbprint cookies