Pumpkin Bites with Cream cheese dip are such a fun way to celebrate the season. These bites combine pumpkin-filled puff pastry, candied pecans, and a spiced cream cheese dip. In the end, you'll have yourself a beautiful and tasty snack, perfect for dipping in the accompanying sweet cream dip. The dip and candied pecans bring everything together and even if you decide to forego the pecans, MAKE THE DIP. You won't be disappointed!!
- Puff pastry-the bread element that holds everything together
- Canned pumpkin puree-makes this recipe no-fuss
- Candied Pecans-add crunch and make this treat well-rounded
- Pumpkin Spice simple syrup-my very own recipe; it adds a hit of festive sweetness to the puree
- Cream cheese-acts as the base to the dip
- Pumpkin pie spice- my very own recipe that adds a very festive spice to the dip
- Confectioners Sugar-sweetens the dip
Equipment needed to make Pumpkin Bites with Cream Cheese
- Small knife-used to cut thawed-out puff pastry
- Baking sheet-it needs to be larger than 9x9 to allow room for expanding puff pastry
- Parchment paper- to set the puff pastry on top of
- Medium-sized mixing bowl and mixing spoon-to combine pumpkin spice simple syrup with pumpkin puree
- Electric mixer with whisk attachment-to blend the cream cheese dip together
- 2 Mixing bowls-to combine the ingredients
These are the steps necessary to complete the whole package:
*Thaw out the puff pastry dough if necessary
*Make the simple syrup-this is linked below and is absolutely amazing because you can use it for this recipe and so many other things.
*Make the candied pecans-also linked below..you will only need a handful and the rest can be used for snacking, YUM!!!
*Assemble the pumpkin bites
*Bake the pumpkin bites
*Make the cream cheese dip
How to make Pumpkin Bites with Cream Cheese Dip
- Make sure the puff pastry dough has been thawed out ahead of time. A single sheet of puff pastry is all you need for this recipe, of course, you can double if you're making for a large family or crowd. If you've got a pizza cutter, this makes cutting the pastry even easier. Also, bring your cream cheese to room temperature.
- Make the filling-pop open a can of pumpkin puree and add your simple syrup; it's literally that easy but all of the combined elements are what make this a super tasty treat. DON'T OVERFILL EACH SQUARE!!
- Cut each large square of pastry dough into smaller squares. You should be able to create 9 smaller squares as shown below.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of pumpkin puree into each square.
- Gently bring up each corner to the center to make them meet.
- Bake immediately!
- While the bites are baking make the cream cheese dip. Add a ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice to 4 oz (half a block) of cream cheese along with 4 tablespoons of heavy cream and ¼ cup of confectioners sugar. Use a small electric mixer to whip all of the ingredients together. Set aside to serve once the bites are done baking.
To fold, simply bring each corner to the middle and repeat with all four sides.
- A NOTE ABOUT THE FILLING-a healthy dollop (about a tablespoon per square) will do, try not to overfill each square as the pumpkin will overflow!
- Pop them into the oven as soon as you've folded each piece.
- Drizzle the cream cheese dip on top for a finishing touch or leave some on the side.
Enjoy these Pumpkin Bites with Cream Cheese Dip and Candied Pecans!
RECIPES YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THIS
The recipes listed below are very diverse..although you'll only need a small amount of each for the pumpkin bites, they are great with so many other things!Print
Pumpkin Bites with Cream Cheese Dip and Candied Pecans
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 18 bites 1x
Pumpkin Bites with Cream Cheese Dip are a well-rounded treat! They're topped with crunchy candied pecans and drizzled with a cream cheese dip.
2 sheets puff pastry, cut into 18 squares (9 per sheet)
½ cup pureed pumpkin, canned
2-3 tablespoons Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup
For the cream cheese dip:
¼ cup confectioners sugar
¼ cup cream cheese
4 tablespoons heavy cream
dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves
For the Crunchy Candied Pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a mixing bowl, combine pureed pumpkin with Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup.
- On a flat surface, cut into puff pastry into 9 even squares per sheet of puff pastry. Place dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place one tablespoon pumpkin mixture in the center of each square. DO NOT OVERFILL!! Gently bring up the corners to meet the middle of the square. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
For the cream cheese dip:
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature. Add cream cheese, spices, confectioners sugar, and heavy cream to a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, blend until smooth.
For the Candied Pecans
- Follow the instructions on how to make these Crunchy Candied Pecans
Top the squares with chopped candied pecans
My *Crunchy Candied Pecan and *Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup were used in this recipe. They are both linked in the post.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 216
- Sugar: 4.3 g
- Sodium: 91 mg
- Fat: 15.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.7 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 13.7 mg
Keywords: pumpkin, pumpkin pie, pumpkin pie bites
It’s pumpkin 🎃 time!
All three of those recipes were simply devine. The dipping sauce was finished off with some ritz crackers, I just couldn’t stop eating. Delicious ?