This Easy Tomato Salad with Grapefruit and Dill dressing is SUCH a refreshing treat on a hot summer day. Enjoy this as a side salad or elevate it with a protein of your choice; do this and you've got yourself a full meal. A really easy and refreshing salad of tomatoes and cucumber. The dressing can be made with grapefruit or lemon juice.
Watch me make Easy Tomato Salad Here:
When making this with grapefruit juice do not omit the pulp (unless you're adamant about it)!!! The pulp brings another layer of fun because as you enjoy the salad, each bit bursts in your mouth increasing the flavor profile even more. Also, make sure you find some fresh dill for this one. Dried dill just doesn't do this salad justice.
A really easy and refreshing salad of tomatoes and cucumber. The dressing can be made with grapefruit or lemon juice.
2 small yellow tomatoes
2 small red tomatoes (use whatever kind you like, I used vine tomatoes)
1 small cucumber or ½ English Cucumber
1 small sprig of fresh dill
¼ small grapefruit, sectioned
⅓ cup olive oil
salt + pepper to taste
- Cut vegetables according to preference.
- Separate grapefruit sections and remove from rind.
- Smash grapefruit sections in a bowl together with fresh dill (this is to release the flavors from the dill and grapefruit and bind them together).
- Add olive oil along with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk everything together until all has blended well.
- Toss vegetables in dressing.
- Serve and enjoy right away!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Another Veggie Side Dish!!